Sattu Powder - Jaljeera Flavour 500g
We, at the Spicery, bring to you the goodness of age-old Sattu (also known as roasted gram flour) blended with delicious flavour. It is one of the highest natural sources of vegetarian protein & is suitable for all age groups. So say goodbye to artificial whey protein & do your body good.
- Popularly consumed with water as a summer cooler. A glass of water with sattu is also an ideal meal replacement for weight loss.
- Sattu is equivalent to a 'Whey Protein Shake'. Its composition is one of the highest sources of vegetarian protein & a quality that is most easily absorbed by the body.
- A natural, inexpensive, high quality, plant based protein drink.
- Loaded with healthy nutrients and minerals such as calcium, manganese, iron and magnesium, which are essential for muscle repair and maintenance.
- Sattu is a nutritional powerhouse and probably the best source of plant-based protein. It is also gluten-free.
- Sattu also has some amazing health benefits such as aiding digestion, improving heart health, improving hair & skin health and reducing inflammation, making it a daily essential for everyone.
- High fibre content helps cleanse your stomach by making your bowel movements smooth. Helpful for people suffering from constipation and other digestive problems.
- Being rich in insoluble-dietary-fiber content, sattu is helpful for people with high cholesterol levels. It can also help regulate your blood pressure.
- Diabetic friendly: it has a very low glycemic index which means it does not spike up blood sugar levels after consumption.
- Contains essential vitamins and minerals that are known to make hair follicles strong.
- Hydrating: Promotes healthy skin and give a natural glow to your face by keeping the body hydrated
- As per Ayurveda science, sattu is great for reducing inflammation in the body and acts as a detox for the organs.
- It is great for reducing Vata and Ama (toxins) in the body, which further helps in relieving common ailments such as joint pains, acne, insulin resistance, obesity, and skin disorders.
- Prepared using traditional Indian methods. Milled in stone grinders using indigenous variety of roasted Bengal gram.
- Rich in fibre, magnesium, iron, calcium & manganese
This mix is a powerful superfood packed with minerals & plant proteins.
Sattu powder is cool & light on our digestive system during summers. It is roasted chana flour that one can mix with water & get a complete protein to fuel your body & build muscle post any workout.
How to consume
The best way to consume sattu is by mixing it with water or buttermilk . The combination of sattu powder and buttermilk works great because the presence of the probiotic (good) bacteria, as well as lactic acid in buttermilk, which help the body absorb the nutrients from sattu.
The best time to consume sattu is during the daytime, on an empty stomach, or at least 2.5 hours after having a meal .
It can be consumed by anyone, whether you exercise or not.
Add 2-4 scoops of The Spicery Sattu Powder to a glass .Add drinking water. Mix properly (you can also use a hand blender)
Sip & enjoy!
Who should not drink sattu?
If consumed in excess quantities, Sattu may cause gas in the stomach. Hence, people who have gastric problems should consume it in limited quantities. Also, people who are suffering from stones in the gall bladder should avoid consuming Sattu.
When should I take sattu powder?
The best time to consume sattu is during the daytime, only on an empty stomach, or at
least 2.5 hours after having a meal.
Can we drink sattu daily?
It has salt, iron, and fiber, which reduces the problem associated with the stomach and improves bowel movement. Sattu has detoxifying properties. Consuming it every day keeps you healthy and protects you from several health ailments
Is sattu drink good for breakfast?
Sattu is basically a flour-like ingredient that is high in nutrients and is often called the
powerhouse of energy. It is free from preservatives and additives and is 100 percent natural, which makes it one of the breakfast option.
Is sattu powder better than whey protein?
Sattu contains less protein compared to animal protein or whey protein. Then why sattu?
The body is designed to assimilate natural food products better than any powder created in lab.
Fast absorption of protein will have a detrimental effect on kidneys, hence, unless you are a professional bodybuilder, require a high protein intake, a natural form of protein is
desirable to consume regularly after workouts.
You feel lighter, more toned, and less bloated (some whey proteins cause temporary bloating)and you know what’s in your glass, unlike the numerous ingredients that you may not even understand on the jar of a whey protein.
The aim is to #LevelUp and move away from processed foods.
Is sattu drink harmful for uric acid?
While there are several benefits of a sattu drink, if you suffer from any renal diseases or have high levels of uric acid in your body, then you must avoid consuming sattu.
can it be used as a full-fledged workout drink?
Yes, sattu can be your go-to natural protein shake. It is a gut-friendly, nutritious superfood and a rich source of protein. The presence of several essential vitamins and minerals like potassium and magnesium in sattu can help reduce bloating, boost metabolism, and push the body to burn calories more efficiently.
Are there any pointers we need to keep in mind while consuming sattu powder?
Always consume sattu powder in a very thin consistency, so that it can be digested well.
Otherwise, it can cause bloating and indigestion because of its heavy ingredients.
Never consume it at night to avoid indigestion, as the digestive power of the body runs low after sunset, and one must avoid cooling and heavy foods at that time.
Try to consume sattu on an empty stomach, not necessarily early morning, but at least 2.5 hours after a meal. This ensures better digestion.
It should not be consumed with milk.
Answer your customers' common questions
What's the origin story of your products?
We stand for sustainable farm practices & hence source directly from small & conscientious farmers & vendors.
Is cash on delivery (COD) available?
Yes, absolutely. Cash on delivery (COD) is available.
How long does delivery take and do you offer free shipping?
Depending on your location orders are typically delivered in 3-5 working days and we offer free shipping on orders above Rs.499